3/04/2012

Turkey Smoked Sausage Sandwiches with Baked Chipotle Sweet Potato Fries

                                Turkey Smoked Sausage Sandwiches  
                              with Baked Chipotle Sweet Potato Fries   

Tonight's dinner is turkey smoked sausage sandwiches with baked chipotle sweet potato fries. The sweet potato fries are a recipe that I got off of skinnytaste.com, so I will post the link. They are really good, I think I have made them once a week since I found the recipe! My husband doesn't like them because he doesn't like sweet potato fries, what is wrong with him? The kids and I love them though! The sandwiches were a hit with everyone tonight.

Turkey Smoked Sausage Sandwiches     (makes 4)
1 package turkey smoked sausage
1 onion, cut into strips
1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
1 tablespoon olive oil
salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste
4 hot dog buns

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut the sausage into 4 equal sized peices and place on a foil lined baking sheet. Bake in the oven for about 15-20 minutes until the outside is nice and brown. Meanwhile, in a large skillet saute the onions and peppers with the olive oil on medium high heat. When it is almost finished add a dash of salt, pepper, and garlic. Place one sauasage on each bun and top with the peppers and onions.

skinnytaste.com baked chipotle sweet potato fries

I used turkey sausage to make it a little healthier but you can use any kind of sausage you want. I also used wheat hot dog buns if you are trying to make it healthier too. You can add cheese to them, or mustard is good too. I served my 3 year old his with just ketchup and told him it was a hot dog;) The chipotle sweet potato fries are pretty spicy, especially because I put extra chipotle powder, So I make the kid's plain with just olive oil. This is a very easy meal to make and is very hearty and filling, but can also be quite healthy if you want it to be! Dinner's ready!


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen