3/17/2012

Greek Turkey Meatballs with Tzatziki Sauce

Greek Turkey Meatballs with Tzatziki Sauce

Tonight I made up a great new dinner! I saw a recipe for greek turkey meatballs using zucchini in the meatballs but decided to use that idea and make up my own recipe. I also made homemade tzatziki sauce, I've tried using different recipes before and it never turned out right so today I just made up my own recipe and it turned out really good! I made up the sauce a few hours ahead of time and let it sit in the fridge untill it was time to eat. We all really liked this even the picky 3 year old ate some, which was a double bonus since it had zucchini hidden in it:)

Tzatziki Sauce
2 cups plain lowfat yogurt
1/4 cup light sour cream
2 tablespoons onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon dried dill
salt and pepper to taste
1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded, and finely chopped

Combine all ingredients in a bowl, cover and keep in fridge untill ready to use.

Greek Turkey Meatballs    (makes 15 meatballs)
1 pound ground turkey
1 small zucchini, grated
1/4 cup plain bread crumbs
1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic. minced
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
1 egg white
crumbled feta cheese, about 15 teaspoons
cooking spray

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl combine all ingredients except the feta cheese and cooking spray. Make 15 small patties out of the seasoned meat mixture. Put about 1 teaspoon of feta cheese in the middle of each patty. Form a ball around the cheese, and place each meatball in a baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Bake for about 30 minutes until meat is cooked all the way through.


I served the meatballs with a salad topped with cucumber, tomato, feta cheese, and some of the tzatziki sauce. I just used a cheese grater to grate the zucchini. This was really simple to make the only time consuming part was forming the meatballs, and even that only took a few minutes. I will defintitely be making these again soon! Dinner's ready!











Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen