3/05/2012

Pizza Night

                                                          Barbeque Chicken Pizza
Tonight is pizza night! The kids and I had some friends over for dinner and I tried out a new pizza dough recipe that I found on allrecipes.com. I have been wanting to try to make barbeque chicken pizza because I miss the one at Schlotzsky's . I also made a pepperoni pizza for the kids. Both of them turned out really good and I think this crust recipe is a keeper that I will make again!

allrecipes.com/jays signature pizza crust

Barbeque Chicken Pizza    (serves 4-5)
8 ounces of chicken breasts or tenders, cooked and cut into bite sized pieces
about 1/4 cup barbeque sauce
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
3/4 cup shredded chedder cheese
1 small onion cut into small strips
1/2 jar of jalapenos
1/2 batch of pizza dough(recipe above)

Spread the barbeque sauce on the dough and then spread the chicken evenly on top. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese followed by the onion and jalapeons. Top with the chedder cheese and bake according to pizza dough instructions(about 15-20 minutes on 425).

I made the kids a pepperoni pizza using the other half of the dough, for that I prebaked the crust about 5 minutes then topped with tomato sauce, turkey pepperoni, and mozzarella cheese and then baked it for about 15 more minutes. On the barbeque chicken pizza I used low fat chedded cheese to cut down on a few calories. This is very simple to make, just takes time if you decide to make the dough. If you are not comfortable making it yourself you could always used store bought dough or pizza crust. But, the dough is not hard to make at all, I am not a baker but I did just fine. If you haven't ever made it yourself give it try, you may never go back to store bought! I also made these for dessert....chocolatecoveredkatie.com/worlds healthiest chocolate chip cookies YUM! Dinner's ready!

      

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen