3/10/2012

Bruschetta

                                                 Bruschetta

Tonight I made bruschetta for dinner. This is one of my specialties, and one of my husband's favorite things that I make. It's the best bruschetta I have ever had and I've had it in Rome...just saiying;) It's really simple to make, and I make it for dinner by itself because we love it so much, but you could certainly make it as an appetizer or side dish.

Bruschetta   (makes 12 pieces)
12 very thin slices of good crusty bread
2 cups chopped tomatos, seeds removed
1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
handfull of fresh basil
1 tablespoon olive oil (plus a little more for bread)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put the slices of bread on a baking sheet in a single layer. Spray or brush with a little bit of olive oil, and bake for about 5-10 minutes. Combine all other ingredients in a bowl. Top each slice of bread with a heaping tablespoon full of tomato mixture.

Yep, it's that easy, and sooo good! I like to drizzle mine with a little bit of good balsamic vinegar at the very end. The tomato mixture can be made up ahead of time, even the day before, and kept in the fridge. I love basil so I use quite a bit but you can use as much as you like depending how strong you want the flavor. I use kitchen shears to cut up the bigger leaves and tear the smaller ones or even leave them whole. This is really easy and delicious, dinner's ready!



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen