3/07/2012

Bumblebee Stew with Cajun Chicken

                            Bumblebee Stew with Cajun Chicken

Tonight's dinner is bumblebee stew? I got this from my mom, tonight was my first time making it. It is my mom's favorite dish at J Gumbos and she wanted to try to make it herself. It is more of a lightened up and simple version of what you would get at the restaurant I think, to be honest I've never had it! She is always talking about it so I wanted to try it, She told me what all was in it so as I made it tonight I tried to make it into a recipe. It turned out surprisingly good, my husband even liked it! Whatever this it is, I will be making it again;)

Bumblebee Stew with Cajun Chicken   (serves 4)
1 pound chicken breasts or tenders
2 table spoons light butter
1-2 tablespoons honey
4 cups cooked rice
1 small onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 can black beans, drained
1 can fire roasted diced tomatos
1 cup frozen corn
tabasco sauce
cajun seasoning
salt and pepper to taste
cooking spray

In a large pan Saute onion with a little cooking spray. At the last minute add the garlic. Add the black beans, corn, and tomatos along with a few drops of tabasco (to taste), cajun seasoning (about 1 tablespoon) and salt and pepper to taste. Cover and let it simmer on low while you cook the chicken. In a seperate pan with a little cooking spray, cook chicken all the way through and then cut into bite sized peices. Add back to the pan and return to medium heat. Coat the chicken with 1-2 tablespoons of cajun seasoning (or more or less to taste) then add the butter and honey, the honey is to cut some of the spice so use more or less to taste, depending on how spicy you like it. once the butter is meleted and everything is well combined remove from heat. Use 4 bowls, place 1 cup of rice in each. Top each one with 1/4 of the tomato mixture, and lastly, top with 1/4 of the cajun chicken.

I used brown rice but you can certainly use white. I put quite a bit of tabasco and cajun seasoning because we like it spicy, but you can add more less of any of the spices depending on how spicy you like it. I make cajun chicken this way for other meals too. This was really easy to make, I hope you give this one a try! Dinner's ready!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen